[geos-devel] Boost License compatibility

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Apr 8 17:03:44 EDT 2009

Since you're talking about taking a small snippet of LGPL and putting
it into a larger chunk of Boost, probably you will get no definitive
answer, since it hinges on whether your new combined result is a
"derived work" (in which case it's LGPL) or not (in which case it can
be Boost).  The "safe" black-and-white answer is that combining
anything from a *GPL project with another compatibly-licensed project
creates a *GPL resultant.

P.