[geos-devel] Benchmark between various geometry libraries

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed Nov 18 12:43:21 EST 2009

Further to this, I did look at the GGL source to see if there were some
obvious algorithmic ideas that could be used in JTS/GEOS.  But I got
lost in all the template code...  8^(

I am curious to know how much of the speed improvement is due to more
efficient compilation due to templating, VS pure algorithm design.  The
latter can inform other libraries - the former, not so much.

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect