[Geoserver-jp] CQL and DWITHIN

Mario Basa mario.basa @ gmail.com
2010年 10月 9日 (土) 13:19:33 EDT

Hello again.

One of the most useful CQL filter for me now is DWITHIN, because with
just one line:

cql_filter: dwithin(the_geom,POINT( x y ),radius,"meters")

I was able to create a radius filter for both WFS and WMS  requests.
The radius parameter though has to be in the same units as that of the
layer, so it is best to convert the layer's projection so that the
units will be in meters.

Anyway, with just that one line, it is easy to create an application
that can do Site Analysis and show if a site has a 1 million
population within a 10 kilometer radius (半径10km=人口100万人以上). This is
actually one the requirements for a Cosco site:

http://www.costco.co.jp/real.htm

Attached are a couple of screen shots of my little application that
uses DWITHIN.

Regards,

Mario.