Recompiling programs

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed May 11 16:25:00 EDT 1994

Malcolm, I've tried 'rehash' in my GRASS window and there doesn't appear
to be any change - certainly not the changes I'd expected !

I'm no expert on Unix - basic level really - but OK on 'C'. What has me
puzzled are the two sorts of ps.map file - the 'file' command shows both
the 24K one, which isn't changed by the recompile, and the large one
200+K, which is changed, as being 'sparc demand paged dynamically linked
executable'.

What has me even more confused - if that was possible  8-)  - is that I
recompiled the modified version of ps.map 'do_vector.c' that you sent me
in what I thought was the same way and that worked ??

Thanks again for any help,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)