Header file for SUN Solaris2.3

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Due to overwhelming interest I am posting the header file I used to compile
grass4.1.4 under Solaris2.3 (later updated to 2.4 without problems) to this
list:

CC                  = gcc
ARCH                =

GISBASE             = /home2/anh/grass/grass4.1
UNIX_BIN            = /users/anh/grass/bin
DEFAULT_DATABASE    = /users/anh/grass/data
DEFAULT_LOCATION    = caa92

COMPILE_FLAGS       = -O
LDFLAGS             = -s

XCFLAGS             = -D_NO_PROTO
XLDFLAGS            =
XINCPATH            = -I/opt/X11/include
XMINCPATH           =
XLIBPATH            = -L/opt/X11/lib
XTLIBPATH           = -L/opt/X11/lib
XMLIBPATH           =
XLIB                = -lX11
XTLIB               = -lXt
XMLIB               =
XEXTRALIBS          = -lsocket -lnsl            #this line proved vital

TERMLIB             = -ltermlib
CURSES              = -lcurses $(TERMLIB)
MATHLIB             = -lm

#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ranlib $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ar ts $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar rc $@ `lorder $(OBJ) | tsort`
LIBRULE             = ar ruv $@ $?

USE_TERMIO          = -DUSE_TERMIO
USE_MTIO            = -DUSE_MTIO
USE_FTIME           =
DIGITFLAGS          =
VECTLIBFLAGS        =
GETHOSTNAME         = -DGETHOSTNAME_UNAME

Never having compiled anything this large before, I found that it is very
important that your system manager provides you with the full and correct
details of exactly where all these libraries can be found. I lost quite a
lot of time in discovering that mine had not. Good luck!

        Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT                                                |
Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk