[GRASS5] Re: Bugreport GRASS 5

Joao Luis Pinto jpinto at inescporto.pt
Tue Jul 18 11:14:18 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. What do your think: Shall we add pnm.h locally?
>
> Best wishes
>
>  Markus
>
> --
> Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
> Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
> Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
> Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984

Perhaps libgr could be added to the list of software needed to compile the aplication. But care should be advised, because (personal experience!) the instalation of libgr after libpng, libjpeg and zlib might break their instalations, as libgr also installs these libraries. What happens is that if you use
the default instalation directories of each of the packages you end up with headers for each of the libraries on /usr/include and /usr/local/include, since libgr uses /usr/include for default and the separate libraries packages use /usr/local/include. Worse, you also end up with duplicate version of the
libraries in /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib. I just deleted all the files concerning libpng, libjpeg and zlib from /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include (kept the ones installed by the individual packages), and it seamed to work out fine.

I had another problem in r.out.png, since pbm.h defines

extern long random();

and stdlib.h defines

extern int32_t random __P ();

which caused the compiler to stop with a 'different declaration' error. I hacked pbm.h return type to be the same as stdlib.h, and it seamed to work ok. (I know this is not your problem, but it's just to keep you informed)

Finally, compiling in /src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.mapcalc/polish/, stopped because of an error with the declaration of malloc, realloc and free (because of implicit declaration). I moved the #include "lex.yy.c" to line 81 of pol.y and it seams to have worked O.K.

Hope it was helpfull!

Best wishes,

João Luís

--