[GRASS5] make install

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon Jun 19 20:50:16 EDT 2000

The checkout finished okay.

I'm surprised "make" doesn't actually do the compilation.
Why is that?

The "make install" took 56 minutes on my machine.  At the end it
suggested a few other things to be done.  Shouldn't it do it all
for me?  It said;

* Finally run 'gmakelinks5' to finish the installation process.

But there is no gmakelinks5 present; "find . -name gmakelinks5"
gives me nothing.  But it is present in /usr/local/bin ... ah.

On activating it I get a lot of "Creating link" output.  But I
got that from the "make install" anyway.

(Alpha, 600MHz, 128Mb, 4.3Gb, running Debian Linux 2.2)