[GRASS5] Status of winGRASS?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 8 22:25:58 EDT 2000

  I've not been closely following the development of the winGRASS port. If I
recall correctly, all of GRASS but the GUI compiled and ran. Is this
correct? Is it reasonable to expect a fully-functional winGRASS by early
next year?

  My reason for asking is that I've convinced a client to let me develop a
GIS for them using GRASS rather than ARC/view or MapInfo. However, they run
only Microsoft OSes and are not likely to change too soon to linux. But,
they still have need for a spatial decision support system and this will be
a comprehensive GIS for the environmental aspects of permitting, operational
compliance and closure.

  I'd appreciate some sense of what's left to be done and when it might be
there.

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com