[GRASS5] Thought on my CVS problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 13 02:58:39 EDT 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 08:26:02AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> Yes, I agree that the compilation or configure output files should be
> removed from the CVS tree.

I also agree,
but we must have them in the tarball,
so there should be a target to just build them if we remove them from
the CVS version.

Not everybody has a recent autoconf or flex/bison installed and properly
configured. Which means we are excluding some people from using the
CVS directly. (I do not think it is a problem, but it should be noted.)

	Bernhard

> This is normal practice in other projects.
> Further, the files named should be included in a .cvsignore file in
> the directory that they will reside, and the .cvsignore files should be
> in CVS.

This only helps with imports, right?

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)