[GRASS5] CVS Broken?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 9 21:57:35 EDT 2001

Folks,

I don't know about serious problems with a merge, but I have tried updating
to the latest, and building and run into problems with
dbmi/drivers/odbc.  This
is my first attempt to build "stable", so I am not saying this is a new
problem.

I get the complaint that sql.h (a unixODBC file I presume) can't be
found.  This
makes sense, since I don't have it on my system.  What isn't clear to me
is why
an attempt is even being made to build src/libes/dbmi/drivers/odbc since
I don't
have unixODBC.  Looking through the Gmakefiles and source code I don't see
how this is intended to build (or be skipped) on systems without unixODBC.

Any suggestions?

PS. I am building from the latest stable despite the warning Glynn sent
because I am
afraid I might have been the one to botch CVS.

PPS.  Thanks to Markus and everyone for the explantions about the
branches.  I had
missed the signifigance of updating with a "branch" tag vs. a release
tag.  Apparently
it has special semantics that locks you into the branch, but not a
particular tagged
snapshot of all the files.  I think I have all my files checked properly
into CVS now.

Best regards,