[GRASS5] CVS Broken?

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Aug 10 07:33:09 EDT 2001

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I don't know about serious problems with a merge, but I have tried
> updating to the latest, and building and run into problems with
> dbmi/drivers/odbc. This is my first attempt to build "stable", so I am
> not saying this is a new problem.
>
> I get the complaint that sql.h (a unixODBC file I presume) can't be
> found. This makes sense, since I don't have it on my system. What
> isn't clear to me is why an attempt is even being made to build
> src/libes/dbmi/drivers/odbc since I don't have unixODBC. Looking
> through the Gmakefiles and source code I don't see how this is
> intended to build (or be skipped) on systems without unixODBC.
>
> Any suggestions?

What does the "DBMI DRIVERS" section of src/CMD/lists/GRASS look like?
It should look like this:

	##### DBMI DRIVERS #####
	src/libes/dbmi/lib
	src/libes/dbmi/drivers/stubs
	# requires ODBC:
	# src/libes/dbmi/drivers/odbc
	#
	# requires Informix, needs update:
	# src/libes/dbmi/drivers/informix
	#
	# requires SQLBASE, needs update:
	# src/libes/dbmi/drivers/sqlbase
	#
	src/libes/dbmi/clients

Do you have src/CMD/lists/local or src/CMD/lists/<architecture> files?

At present, the build process doesn't include any logic to
conditionally build a particular library or program according to
whether you have the required dependencies.

Instead, it attempts to build every directory which is listed in
src/CMD/lists/{GRASS,local,<architecture>}.

> PS. I am building from the latest stable despite the warning Glynn
> sent because I am afraid I might have been the one to botch CVS.

Did you check out the development branch then commit the entire tree
to the release branch? That might explain it.