[GRASS5] configure-problem on linux and irix

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Jan 6 18:50:16 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:00:34PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there must be some small errors with configure.
> configure no longer finds GLwMDrawA.h, which was found with the same
> setup once before (file irix-configure contains all switches i used to
> compile a perfectly working bin installation on irix 6.5/with gcc).
> And there must be some typo around line 3404 in configure.

> ./configure --bindir=/usr/people/andreas/bin \
> --enable-postgres=no \
> --with-jpeg-includes=/usr/freeware/include \
> --with-jpeg-libs=/usr/freeware/lib32 \
> --with-tiff-includes=/usr/freeware/include \
> --with-tiff-libs=/usr/freeware/lib32 \
> --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/freeware/include \
> --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/freeware/lib32 \
> --with-opengl-includes=/usr/include \

You can leave this off or make it /usr/include/GL and it should work.
It should have never worked before, since "GL" isn't appended when the
directory is specified.

> --with-opengl-libs=/usr/lib32

[snip]
> checking TIFF include dirs...  -I/usr/freeware/include
> checking additional TIFF library dirs...  -L/usr/freeware/lib32
> checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
> checking Tcl include dirs...  -I/usr/freeware/include
> ./configure[3404]: test: argument expected

I looked, but couldn't find anything.  I don't see that error here, even
when I specify --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.3.  All the
"test" calls have arguments (though some, of course, may have empty
values).

> checking Tk include dirs... -I/usr/freeware/include
> checking additional Tcl and Tk library dirs...  -L/usr/freeware/lib32
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.0... yes
> checking GL/gl.h and GL/GLwMDrawA.h... configure: warning: *** Didn't find GL/GLwMDrawA.h
>  -I/usr/include and

See above.

> checking for glBegin in -lGL... yes
> checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU... yes
> checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw... no
> checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM... no

I'm not sure what's up with these last two.  They can fail if X_LIBS
isn't set correctly.  It's possible I need to add the X_PRE_LIBS as well
(X_LIBS and X_PRE_LIBS being set by the AC_XTRA macro).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>