[GRASS5] CVS tag/upload problems

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 23 11:13:07 EDT 2001

Hi all,

at time we seem to have a problem with CVS, perhaps due to
my tag applied to release branch?

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:45:58AM -0300, Bob Covill wrote:
> Markus,
>
> I tried applying the change to CVS for the nviz startup, but got an
> error when I tried to commit. The error is as follows:
>
> cvs server: sticky tag `release_grass500pre1_20_may_2001' for file
> `Gs3.c' is not a branch
> cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

David reports the same. Myself, I can upload without problems.

Maybe
  cvs up -dpA

helps to clean off the sticky tag? Did you update using the tag? I am clueless
here, but it should be generally easy to resolve.

If things are back to work, check, that you still work in release_branch:
cat CVS/Entries

-> check for "Treleasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0" after every file.

Sorry for these problems. CVS gurus: Is it forbidden to tag the release
branch (if yes, why doesn't cvs check that?).

Confused,

 Markus