[GRASS5] instructions for making binaries

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed May 23 13:12:46 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > cp: cannot stat `src/scripts/shells/create_ipcs.sh': Aucun fichier ou
> > > répertoire de ce type
> > > chmod: getting attributes of `/home/grass/grass5.0.0pre1/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > > /dev/create_ipcs.sh': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> > >
> > > This doesn't seem to cause a problem up to now, but what does this mean ?
> > Mhhh. It shouldn't appear any more as create_ipcs.sh is removed and all
> > cp's as well. Somewhere we probably missed to remove it. When does it
> > appear?
>
> o.k, I found it:
> ./src/CMD/generic/POST_INSTALL.sh
>
> and have removed it. Glynn, shall we keep the create_fifos.sh there?

Ideally the FIFOs would be created by "make install", but only if
GRASS was configured with "--with-fifo".

Failing that, create_fifos.sh should probably remain so long as GRASS
supports FIFOs.

An alternative would be to have the driver create the FIFOs at
startup, using the same naming convention as with sockets.