[GRASS5] LD_LIBRARY_PATH and display support on solaris 8

Hal Mueller hal at seanet.com
Fri Oct 19 00:06:17 EDT 2001

I also had glitches starting the pre-02 version on Solaris 8.  Init.sh choked.

I had to change Init.sh to

# Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  For GRASS 5.0 we don't depend on this much, though
# r.in.gdal may use it to find some things.  Over time we intend to put
# more GRASS related shared libraries in $GISBASE/lib.
if [ ! "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ] ; then
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/openwin/lib
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:
$LD_LIBR
ARY_PATH
fi

so that $ETC/set_data could find the zlib shared library.

The key is that if   --with-zlib-libs=DIR is specified to
"configure", then that directory has to end up in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I don't know where in the build tree that change
should be made, however.

I also ran into the problem of the display/d.mon stuff getting built
with inconsistent references to sockets and fifos.  Specified
--with-fifo and everything worked fine.  As someone else had noted,
the compile goes fine without saying --with-fifo; it's only at
runtime that the problem arises.

Hal
----
Hal Mueller                hal at seanet.com
Mobile Geographics LLC     http://www.mobilegeographics.com/
Seattle, Washington        (206) 297-9575
Get CelestNav 2.2.2! http://www.mobilegeographics.com/celestnav/