[GRASS5] ANN: GRASS on iPAQ/Linux available
neteler at itc.it
Tue May 7 05:50:47 EDT 2002
GRASS on handhelds
Jan Stankovic and me may announce that (baby)GRASS is
running now on iPAQ/Linux:
With kind help of Nick Duffek <nick.duffek at compaq.com> we
got binaries compiled on ipaq3.handhelds.org (this are
new machines, in parallel to the Skiff cluster).
The code (not stripped) needs 2.4MB and currently includes:
d.erase d.measure d.mon d.pan d.rast d.sites d.vect d.what.rast d.what.sites
d.what.vect d.zoom g.copy g.gisenv g.list g.region g.remove g.rename
More modules can be easily added in
For compilation (GRASS shared libs) there is
- The flag to gcc "-gstabs" made it binary compliant (I don't know why
but it works).
- the src/libes/dig_atts/ compiles now without problems, subsequently
all vector modules are compilable
- we have to look again at d.zoom to get the 1-button mode working
(it runs on iX86/Linux, but not on iPAQ)
- the gcc on ipaq3.handhelds.org is very sensitive to warnings,
even if indicated as warning during compile time, linking will fail.
Means: ipaq3.handhelds.org is a platform to find such warnings...
- we still do not get "debugging symbols" present, but anyway - GRASS
is working now
Kudos to Glynn Clements for his efforts on shared libraries.
More information about the grass-dev