[GRASS5] Tarball?!!

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue May 7 22:28:03 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:46:53PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Now that we've got every developer a chance to check the release
> branch version and nobody cried, we should do a beta release.
>
> I've watched the CVS committs in the last days and I'm think
> that we can release the branch as grass5.0.0.
>
> Some people have committed bug fixes to both branches
> most of the other bug fixes and enhancement can happily go into 5.0.1.
>
> Markus,
> can you create a tarball of the release branch? grass5.0.0pre4
> Please only create the tarball first.
> Then we can check if people can build binaries.

I'd like to see the next release be 5.0.  There have been a couple fixes
that maybe need some a little more testing and then we should put out
5.0.  We'll probably need to follow it up with a bugfix release a month
or two later.  I'm not sure it's useful to do another
"pre-beta-release-candidate" release ;-).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>