[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] CVS update: grass/src/mapdev/v.llabel

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu May 9 03:55:08 EDT 2002

[NB: I've committed the fix to the head.]

Radim Blazek wrote:

> 1) v.llabel map=pok
> Error: value <all> out of range for parameter <type>
>        Legal range: point,line,edge
>
> 2) Was not commited to HEAD.
>
> Sorry Roger, I don't want to discourage you, to contribute to grass,
> but module should be probably run, before changes are commited,
> and that all fixes in release branch MUST be commited to HEAD, is
> obvious (I hope, am I right? - I never know what will be the future
> of branches).

In general, changes should be committed to the head first. Only once
they've had sufficient testing should they be committed to the release
branch.

However, if the change is a simple fix for a definite bug (as is the
case here), it can be committed to the head and to the release branch
simultaneously.