[GRASS5] [bug #1041] (grass) datum error while building new location

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu May 9 06:29:05 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:18:10PM +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1041
>
> Subject: datum error while building new location
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: cvs_snapshot_exp_2002_05_03
>
> I tried to build a german Gauß-Krüger Location with datum
> specification (normally this works fine..)
>
> [...]
> > map datum for this location?(y/n) [n] y  -> this skipped the whole projection part and jumped
> 				     directly into the 'region display' ,  so I used
> > g.setproj afterwards:
> Please specify projection name  >tmerc :
> Please specify ellipsoid name    >bessel :
> Do you want to specify a map datum for this location?(y/n) [n] y
>
> -> Speicherzugriffsfehler (memory access error ?).
>
> The same problem appears for UTM , ....
>
> regards
> Otto Dassau

Thanks for the bug report.
Just tested here (current HEAD) - it also crashes for me.

It seems that the recent upgrade of the PROJ4 (before creating
the release branch) removed some working code.

To avoid that the pre4 release is endangered, I suggest to revert the
PROJ4 update in the release branch (so no NAD support for pre4)
unless the fix is easy to do.

Markus