[GRASS5] Tarball?!!

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri May 10 03:32:26 EDT 2002

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > any objections for creating the source tarball of the release branch?
> >
> > If not, I'll do that tomorrow morning Italian/Central European time.
>
> We should check whether any of the recent changes should be
> incorporated into the release. A complete list of the differences
> between the head and the release branch follows.

I've sync'd all of the following:

> aclocal.m4
> configure
> configure.in
>
> 	Fix to LOC_CHECK_LIBS
> 	GLw checks

> src/raster/r.what/
>
> 	Increase NFILES
> 	Fix potential compile error (trailing garbage)

> src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Serve_Xevent.c
>
> 	Fix bug in resize code

> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/tkInt8.0p2.h
> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/tkInt8.0.2.h
> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/tkInt8.0.5.h
> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/togl.c
>
> 	Add tkInt8.0.5.h

> html/html/d.extend.html
>
> 	Change format of Huidae's email address

> mk/Makefile.docs
>
> 	Fix bug in generating manpages

I've also sync'd:

> src/display/devices/windows
>
> 	Use gmake5
> 	Various fixes

However, I've just discovered that Mike reverted the Makefiles,
apparently due to a problem with the Gmakefiles. I'd like to see what
the issue is before progressing.

In light of comments from Markus and Eric, I'll also sync these:

> html/html/m.in.e00.html
>
> 	Document -t switch
> 	Additional comments regarding raster (GRID) files

> handheld/
>
> 	Added

> src/libes/gis/sites.c
> src/libes/gis/readsites_xyz.c
>
> 	Catch ERANGE

> src/raster/r.tiff/
> html/html/r.in.tiff.html
>
> 	Eric's true-colour changes

I've also decided to sync:

> src/raster/r.in.png/
> html/html/r.in.png.html
>
> 	My true-colour changes (and re-write)

The previous handling of true-colour images was extremely dubious; it
attempted to read user input, regardless of whether stdin was a tty,
and generated massive colour tables.

There's also the GLw changes to r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile, which I
omitted to mention. I'll sync those; r3.showdspf.openGL isn't built by
default, so it isn't critical either way.

That leaves the following awaiting a decision:

> src/display/d.text.freetype
> html/html/d.text.freetype.html
> html/display.html
> html/grass_commandlist.html
> html/html/d.text.html
>
> 	Support "freetypecap" file
> 	Add HTML file
> 	Reference d.text.freetype from other files

d.text.freetype is fairly new anyway, so I don't see any point in
using an older version.

> src/include/gisdefs.h
> src/include/glocale.h
> src/libes/gis/locale.c
> src.garden/grass.postgresql/*/
> documents/grass_i18n_howto.html
>
> 	I18N update

The release branch has the last-but-one version of the I18N interface
(which is basically a historical accident; this just happened to be
the situation on the day the branch was made), so it should probably
be sync'd.

> src/sites/s.surf.rst/
>
> 	Resurrect I18N

I18N should be harmless (if you don't have libintl.h, it's a definite
no-op).

> src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/
> html/html/v.to.pg.html
> locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/v.to.pg.po
>
> 	PostGIS support ("-p" switch)

I don't know about this bit.

> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script
> src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/nviz_init.c
>
> 	Load state file ("state=") option

This bit doesn't look right:

	--- /usr/src/grass5-rel/src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script	Tue Jan 22 04:51:40 2002
	+++ /usr/src/grass5-head/src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script	Wed May  8 01:39:42 2002
	@@ -320,7 +320,7 @@
	     appBusy

	     if {$fname != -1} then {
	-       Nwrite_ppm $fname