[GRASS5] Preparing 5.0.3 release

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:44:15 EDT 2003

> > Is everything working now for NVIZ and tk8.4?
>
> Good question.
>

>I have sync'ed *some* bugfixes from CVS HEAD into the 5.0.3 release
>branch (so no NVIZ changes, no PROJ changes as they'll go into 5.3.0).

I just updated nviz and it works great - many problems that I had with
rendering
surfaces as well as sites as spheres are now fixed and the option to
raise vector
layer above the surface fixes the problem with vector data visibility
for many
graphics cards (for me it used to work only on $1000 NVIDIA, all the
cheaper ones did not
drape the vector data right, but that is now resolved). And of course,
the legends,
labels and north arrow are great too.
Thank you Bob!

So given this, it may be useful if more people could look at nviz for
5.0.3 release to see
whether it works adequately without the update, and if not, it may be
worth
to include the current version of nviz that is in CVS in the 5.0.3
release (?, or just skip
5.0.3 and do 5.3.0, I tried to follow the release issues discussion and
given some other
changes that do not go into 5.0.3, such as modification of RST to honor
MASK I am wondering
why doing 5.0.3 and not going straight to 5.3.0 - if this is a stupid
question, just ignore it).

It will also be useful to double check that all fixes for r.mapcalc have
been included
(especially the seg fault problem with long names).

Helena