[GRASS5] Licensing problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Sep 22 19:07:40 EDT 2003

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Markus by accident found out that there is a potential
> licensing problem left that we need to deal with.
>
> It probably affects all versions of GRASS
> and especially the upcoming 5.0.3.
>

> We need to:
>
> 	a) replace ./src/include/color.h
>
> 	Method 1: Check if there once was a public domain version
> 	with this file and use that one.
>
> 	Method 2:
> 	The contents itself a simple.
>
> 	Glynn: Would it make sense to rewrite this and
> 	reshuffle the stuff with colors.h into one file anyway?
> 	If yes, would you be willing to do it?

Method 3:

Delete src/include/color.h and replace its sole use in
src/ps.map/ps.map/cmd/vector.h with a local definition for the only
portion which is actually used:

	typedef	struct {
		unsigned short r, g, b;
	} RGB;

I'm fairly sure that the above struct definition doesn't qualify as an
"original work".