[GRASS5] [bug #2133] (grass) Can't compile with readline and openmotif on Rh9

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Sep 25 16:24:23 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2133

Subject: Can't compile with readline and openmotif on Rh9

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Hi I compiled grass 5.0.2 on a linux box with red hat 9 updated with apt at this day and I picked up all last version libraries grass could use.. like motif and readline correctly installed on my distribution but configure don't see them and all --with-motif-dirs and similar parameters don't work...
I removed from compilatio with --without-xxxx and I compile correctly but when I start grass5 and put  project name italy, location /tmp/location and gisdbase /tmp/gisdbase/
I have this error... is there some connect of them?

1999-2002 by the GRASS Development Team, and licensed under terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).

This GRASS 5.0.2 release is coordinated and produced by the
GRASS Development Team headquartered at ITC-irst (Trento, Italy) with
worldwide support and further development sites located at Baylor
University and the University of Illinois (U.S.A.).

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

This version running thru the Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.help
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
Start the graphical user interface with: tcltkgrass&
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS:~/packages/grass5.0.2 > g.version
ERROR: program 'g.version' cannot be executed because: Neither a command
       line (cmd) or interactive (inter) version was found
GRASS:~/packages/grass5.0.2 > g.help
ERROR: program 'g.help' cannot be executed because: Neither a command line
       (cmd) or interactive (inter) version was found

Configured:
./configure  --without-odbc --with-includes=/usr/include/ --with-tcltk --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/ --without-fftw --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype1/freetype/ --with-blas --with-lapack --with-nls --without-glw --without-motif --with-fftw --without-readline --without-dbm

make and make install from root

i have openmotif.. I think will be need openmotif-devel for compile grass with it?

I have readline of red hat 9 installed but it doesn't found it ...  readline and readline-devel rpm from rh cdroms

any suggestion?