[GRASS5] New tcltkmenu

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Sat Apr 17 08:45:17 EDT 2004

I can only say WOW!
I tried to install it (3,5 minutes) and it is relly really nice work!
I guess your files are somehow corrupted, I attach the README installation
part.

TO INSTALL:
1. Quit GRASS

2. Backup your current $GISBASE/tcltkgrass directory (just to be safe) by
renaming it $GISBASE/oldtcltkgrass.

3. Copy the /tcltkgrass directory provided here to your $GISBASE (GRASS53 or
GRASS5) directory. (It is possible that you may need to adjust permissions
for the tcltk scrips in the $GISBASE/tcltkgrass/script directory to make sure
that users have execute permissions--hopefully not necessary).

4. Copy the scripts in the directory /add2scripts to your $GISBASE/scripts
directory. (It is possible that you may need to adjust permissions for the
scripts to make sure users have execute permissions--hopefully not
necessary).

5. Restart GRASS and tcltkgrass.

My compliments,
Andrea

On Saturday 17 April 2004 11:41, Sjors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If downloaded the package with the new TclTk menu from Michael Barton at
>
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/grass.htm
> <http://www.public.asu.edu/%7Ecmbarton/grass.htm>
>

> to play around with.  I untarred it etc, but the ReadMe.txt is binary or
> something, at least text viewers can't read it. How do I install this? Is
> it updated to cvs yet? If so, if I update from cvs is it automatically
> installed?
>
> Greetings Sjors

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik

University of Trento
Via Mesiano, 77 - Trento (ITALY)

Andrea Antonello
tel:  +393288497722