[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:3781] minor update to tcltkgrass for GRASS 5.7

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 03:32:46 EDT 2004

> for the archives:
> To debug the tcl code, I had to add a line to parser.c just before
> system(cmd);
>
> sprintf(stdout, "%s\n", cmd);
>   [perhaps this should be a if(DEBUG=3) command?]

ummm; yeah... it's already in there.
g.gisenv set="DEBUG=1"

> then run
>
> GRASS:~> d.text.freetype > dtf_tcl.txt
>
> then edit 'dtf_tcl.txt'  to remove the "| wish &" from the end.
..
> then 'wish < dtf_tcl.txt'  to test it.
>

> It was easiest to fiddle with dtf.tcl until it was right and then go
> back and fix parser.c to provide what was needed.

> "Tcl quoting hell"  http://wiki.tcl.tk/1726
> "1 minute intro to tcl"  http://www.pconline.com/~erc/tcl.htm
>

> Next big bug is to get the Tcl menus to honour white spaces:
>
> d.vect where="ident='foo' and location='bar'"
>
> prints out to the stdout window with the double quotes when you click
> "Run", but they get stripped before the command is run causing it to
> break.

I'd guess the problem would be in here somehwere?

button .run -text "Run" -command {
    global outtext pipe
    set cmd [ mkcmd ]
    $outtext insert end  "\n$cmd\n"
    $outtext yview end
    set cmd "| $cmd 2>@ stdout"
    catch {open $cmd r} msg
    fconfigure $msg -blocking 0
    fileevent $msg readable [ list prnout $msg  ]
    update idletasks
}

?,
Hamish