[GRASS5] Re: max res. PPM image dump from NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Aug 26 15:50:04 EDT 2004

Hamish wrote:

> [max res. PPM image dump from NVIZ]
>
> +: Output now looks great. Image saved ok.
>
> -: After the image dump, it would render the hi-res polygon ok, but the
> low res movement 'Grid' has disappeared, then after a few seconds of
> playing with that:
>
> Final Assembled Image will be 2048 x 1995
> Writing Tile 1 of 4
> Writing Tile 2 of 4
> Writing Tile 3 of 4
> Writing Tile 4 of 4
> Assembling Tiles
> Destroy Pixmap and GLXPixmap
> global-exag = 3.000000
> recalculating normals...
> 100
> 200
> 300
> global-exag = 3.000000
> recalculating normals...
> 100
> 200
> X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContextTag
>   Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
>   Serial number of failed request:  3736

I can't reproduce this with 5.3, and I don't have an up-to-date 5.7
built right now. Can you see if it happens for you with 5.3?

Ultimately, it needs to be borne in mind that do_zoom.c is a hack.
None of Togl, the OGSF library nor NVIZ itself were designed with this
kind of usage in mind. Consequently, do_zoom.c's attempts to reproduce
the context's state are bound to be a matter of trial and error.