[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2714] Re: Grass 5.3-5.7 OS X bin ready. Install ... (fwd)

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 11:11:03 EST 2004

I'll forward this one to the developers mailing list as well. Already I
have fixed some of the problems. Mostly they seem to be just
multiply-defined symbols. It is tedious work to fix them though and there
is always a chance I could miss the original authors' intentions regarding
static/global variables and end up breaking something.

While fixing g.help I noticed some comments in the source code refer to the
Fort Hood Information System. I think this was GRASS's name before
GRASS...this code must go back to the very early 1980s. Interesting to see
something so old: :)