[GRASS5] Re: Fort Hood Information System

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:36:17 EST 2004

I actually got an email from Van Warren some time ago and posted his recolection
of how GRASS was started as a Fort Hood Information System on the GRASS web site (under history) -
http://grass.itc.it/vanwarren.html
  I have scanned few pages of the original report and posted it there too -
there is a link to it (or go directly to http://grass.itc.it/fhgis83rep.html)
You will see that a lot of concepts that are still in GRASS (including the "location")
were in the original version (it also helps to understand why it was designed like that)
so it is not surprising that it is possible to find some original code there.

Helena