[GRASS5] 5.4 release branch

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 11:25:19 EDT 2004

Hello Hamish

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Hamish wrote:

>> Here is my first rough draft of what to put in the NEWS file for 5.4.0,
>> additions and corrections welcome:
>
>> r.univar2 now operational (Hamish)
>
> This isn't built by default, so I don't think it is worth mentioning.
> [goes for d.nviz, r.series, etc too]

OTOH I think it's now or never for enabling useful modules that aren't
compiled, as the 5.4 verison will be frozen. I was planning on checking
and enabling a few before the release. I suppose that could result in more
build problems that would take a while to sort out though (some of the
recent src.contrib stuff). It's just that quite a lot of the stuff mentioned
in the 5.3.0 release announcement wasn't compiled by default.

Making a mental note to change the other things you noted when I update
the NEWS after creating the branch,

Paul