[GRASS5] Polygons in GRASS

DrakeGis drakegis at dacafe.com
Sat Oct 16 15:51:27 EDT 2004

Hi,
  I really love how GRASS is working, but I have some problems

1) I'm trying to digitilize polygons with GRASS 5, I use v.digit but the
results were not polygons... doing a v.to.rast doesn't result in an
area.Now I'm trying to use OpenEV to do the work. Is there any easy way to
do this in GRASS ? I know that probably GRASS 5.7 is better, but I don't
know how to deal with the database subsystem.

2) I have, in this way, a set of ShapeFiles, that I want to put together
in only one vector file, I use v.path after import the shapefiles but the
problem is that I miss the "identity" of each polygon, by using r.what I
realize that now they have the same name.... Any suggestions ? How can I
deal with the limits between neighbor areas... becuase they are the same
line

3) I would like to extract from these polygons the corresponding
centroids, an assign to each a time series data in order to do a temporal
and spatial analysis of my data.... How can I do it ? I know that probably
using R, but again I have no idea about how to do it.

Thanks

Stay ahead of the information curve.
Receive GIS news and jobs on your desktop daily.
Subscribe today to the GIS CafeNews newsletter.
[ http://www10.giscafe.com/nl/newsletter_subscribe.php ]
It's informative and essential.