[GRASS5] [bug #2664] (grass) r.contour writes negative elevations to category

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Oct 18 12:16:44 EDT 2004

Cool.  But, slight problem - the cat values used in the vectors ranges
from 1..n, while the cat values used in the table range from 0..n-1 (n
being the number of unique levels from r.contour).  So all the contours
get shifted up 1 level, and the upper contours have no db record.

On Oct 18, 2004, at 8:54 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Thursday 14 October 2004 19:06, Request Tracker wrote:
>> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2664
>> ---
>>
>> Subject: r.contour writes negative elevations to category
>>
>> Platform: Mac OSX
>> grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
>> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
>> GRASS Version: 5.7cvs20041009
>>
>> r.contour puts the contour elevations in the category.  A minor
>> drawback is
>> that this rounds any fractional elevation values to integers, so is
>> useless
>> for fine detail contouring.  The big problem is that it will write
>> negative
>> categories, which I'm told is wrong.
>>
>> r.contour should write elevations to a table.  It does put the
>> elevations
>> in the z (height) of the vector, but there doesn't seem to be a height
>> option to v.to.db (just length and area).  That would be the other
>> solution
>> - maybe easier to do.
>
> Now it writes a table with levels.
>
> WARNING: cats are not level values any more!
>
> Radim

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy