[GRASS5] [bug #3162] (grass) Can't find libX11.dll

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Apr 19 06:03:48 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3162

Subject: Can't find libX11.dll

grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.7.0

Hello there.
This Jojene Santillan.

My problem is this:

I installed Grass 5.7 + Cygwin.
After the installation, I started the X window and typed grass57.
The reply is this: "This application has failed to start because libX11.dll was not found...."

Later on, I X window displayed this text:

WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected. Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable".

What should I do?
Where can I find the GRASS_WISH environment?

Thanks.