[GRASS5] [bug #3381] (grass) v.surf.rst: scolumn input ignored.

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jun 28 12:14:11 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3381

Subject: v.surf.rst: scolumn input ignored.

Platform: other
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Subject:   	Re:
From:   	"Thomas Colson" <tom_colson at ncsu.edu>
Date:   	Tue, June 28, 2005 12:09 pm
To:   	"Helena Mitasova" <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu>
Cc:   	tom_colson at ncsu.edu

# create a new vect file with "cat" column
v.category test out=test_cat op=add

#create a table for the vect file
echo 'create table test_cat (cat integer, stdev double)' | db.execute

#connect the table to the vect
v.db.connect map=test_cat table=test_cat driver=dbf

#populate the cat column
v.to.db map=test_cat op=cat

#populate the stdev column with stdev from raster map
v.what.rast vect=test_cat rast=stdev_2694 col=stdev

#create dem using variable smoothing
v.surf.rst input=test_cat layer=0 zcolumn=flt1 scolumn=stdev dmax=12.5
dmin=2.5 zmult=1 tension=40 segmax=40 npmin=200 -v cvdev=test_cat_withcv

#create dem using variable smoothing but use gibberish for scolumn
v.surf.rst input=test_cat layer=0 zcolumn=flt1 scolumn=dsadsadsadasdafd
dmax=12.5 dmin=2.5 zmult=1 tension=40 segmax=40 npmin=200 -v
cvdev=test_cat_withcv

Notice that using scolumn=gibberish generates no errors. In fact, I can't
find that the scolumn is being read in any instance.

Authors: original version -  H.Mitasova, L.Mitas, I. Kosinovsky, D.P. Gerdes
See manual pages for reference and publications T3

Percent complete: Reading lines from vector map ...  100%
Reading nodes from vector map ...  100%
 100%

The number of points from vector file is 9020
The number of points outside of region 0
The number of points being used is 9020

Processing all selected output files
will require 0 bytes of disk space for temp files
Percent complete:    0%