[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3246] (grass) d.vect.thematic fails when the map is in another mapset

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 17 12:46:13 EDT 2005

1. This math interval difference only happens for the first interval
(min-value) for invterval mapping. This is to make sure that ALL values are
included and each value is included only once. If I specify [>lower value
and <= higher value] for each interval, I miss the minimum value of the
total range. If I specify [>=lower value and <=higher value] for each range,
some values get counted twice. So the actual range of values mapped is
correct, but the lower value shown in the legend is slightly below the
actual minimum. The "11.5948" instead of "11.60" is some kind of internal
rounding error that I have no idea how to correct.

2. I use the notation >lower value - higher value because of several
requests by users to do so. This makes it clearer that the interval is
greater (i.e., not inclusive of) the minimum and less than or equal to
(i.e., inclusive of) the maximum.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402