[GRASS5] db.oodbfedit: a _very_ simplistic approach to dbf attribute editing

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon May 23 21:28:04 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 01:27 +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Playing around with the question of how to allow spreadsheet-style attribute
> editing from the GIS Manager - mostly to satisfy demand from colleagues, I
> came up with this _very_ simplistic solution using openoffice.
>
> This is more of a proof of concept than anything else. The question for me is
> whether we should try to write a specific tcl routine to access the different
> types of databases available, or whether we should just use existing tools
> such as openoffice (but which probably won't be installed for many users).

I have little experience with TCL, so I don't know the complexity
involved.

How difficult would it be to go with the simplistic approach (using
existing tools) for 6.x and move toward an integrated approach in 7.x?

On that note, I am making the assumption that the 7.x branch will be an
evolving development/cleanup branch, unlike the current stable 6.x
series.

--
Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>