[GRASS5] db.oodbfedit: a _very_ simplistic approach to dbf attribute editing

Daniel Calvelo Aros dcalvelo at minag.gob.pe
Mon May 23 22:14:59 EDT 2005

My first reaction would be: leave that to the QGIS front-end. I'm unsure
however that this is a viable solution in a production environment *today*.

Otherwise, if we wish to stick to a more internal solution, has anybody had
experience with TkTable?

The third-party tool approach may also be tackled through R, which (some)
people are already using in conjunction with GRASS.

BTW Moritz, are your colleagues by any chance ex-ArcViewers? I have the
feeling that trying to move GRASS in that visual/click/user-friendly arena is
a little off-putting, given GRASS' rather UNIXish philosophy. (Which, BTW
could be exploited a little further: not many commands are thought in terms of
piping, for instance.)

Also, note that the name is OpenOffice.org (OOo), including the ".org" for
trademark reasons.

Daniel.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros