[GRASS5] Re: question about sqlite

Daniel Calvelo Aros dcalvelo at minag.gob.pe
Wed Oct 19 14:13:59 EDT 2005

Indeed, it is important to support the format.

What I think Glynn had in mind is not accessing DBF files through a GRASS DBMI
driver but rather convert them to SQLite (and back, eventually) and not bother
anymore about parsers, SQL and the lot.

I'd say yes, let's build converters between DBF and sqlite3 files (and also
between txt/csv formats and sqlite3) and drop sqlp, since the equivalent in
SQLite is much better and powerful. As an aside, deprecate DBF and propose
sqlite3 as the default storage format, starting from (say) 6.2.

That would mean having GRASS depend on sqlite, of course.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros