[GRASS5] gis.m as default GUI

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 26 09:58:09 EDT 2006

That's not what I mean - I know about using GRASS_WISH to set the
particular wish binary to use, that's how I force GRASS to use my X11
Tcl/Tk instead of Apple's default.  It's just that when I use the Tk
Aqua wish, it's a separate Mac OS X application, not run inside of
X11, and the system just knows it as 'wish' (in the menubar, the
Dock, and CLI ps command).

I know in Java applications, there is a way to rename the application
so it doesn't run as 'Java'.  Is there something similar for wish?

On Apr 26, 2006, at 4:18 AM, Hamish wrote:

>> I like having a normal Mac-style menu in the menubar instead of per
>> window.  Do you know if there is a way to rename the wish application
>> shell at runtime so it shows up as GRASS (or GRASS 6.1CVS or similar)
>> instead of wish in the menu and the Dock?
>

> export GRASS_WISH=/path/to/wish
>
> http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass61/manuals/html61_user/variables.html
>

> Hamish

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan