[GRASS5] gis.m as default GUI

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 26 16:42:19 EDT 2006

It looks like that's already in gis.m script:

    exec "$GRASS_WISH" $GISBASE/etc/gm/gm.tcl -name gm_tcl &

and probably in other places in the tcl code to set the various
window names.

I think that gm_tcl is the main window with the menu, that's named
"GRASS6.1.cvs GIS Manager - " + location name.  And that same window
in Tcl/Tk Aqua wish also gets that name, but the 'Wish Shell'
application name itself is what shows up in the Mac OS X menubar and
Dock.  It's the whole wish application that has all those windows
open that I would like to see as "GRASS6.1.cvs" or similar short name.

It probably works from within Lorenzo's GRASS.app, since GRASS.app
starts the whole thing, and a small change in the gis.m tcl code sets
wish windows to spawn off GRASS.app (I assume) instead of as a new
application.  I don't use his binaries, so I can't really say.

On Apr 26, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> That's not what I mean - I know about using GRASS_WISH to set the
>> particular wish binary to use, that's how I force GRASS to use my X11
>> Tcl/Tk instead of Apple's default.  It's just that when I use the Tk
>> Aqua wish, it's a separate Mac OS X application, not run inside of
>> X11, and the system just knows it as 'wish' (in the menubar, the
>> Dock, and CLI ps command).
>>
>> I know in Java applications, there is a way to rename the application
>> so it doesn't run as 'Java'.  Is there something similar for wish?
>
> Try "wish -name <name>", or putting "tk appname <name>" at the
> beginning of the script.
>
> --

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin