[GRASS-dev] updates to grass startup

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 13 17:47:04 EST 2006

On Wed, December 13, 2006 18:40, Michael Barton wrote:
>> Current problem though is that
>> the
>> list of locations doesn't refresh to show the new location after you
>> return from the box. I had a quick look a week or two ago but the design
>> of gis_set.tcl seemed to make it very difficult to refresh that.
>> Although
>> if you click after the database directory and press Enter it refreshes.
>> Maybe you have improved something to make that easier though?
>
> This is very good news. The design of gis_set.tcl is difficult overall,
> because it is pretty old legacy code. I'm not sure there is an easy way to
> do an automatic refresh after returning from the terminal window. If there
> is some kind of return code, maybe it could be bound to an update event of
> some kind.

I don't have the possibility of testing this now (since in the Linux
version all options close or enter GRASS automatically), but I seem to
remember that in the very first experimental native wingrass it was enough
to just put the mouse cursor in the GRASS database text field and press
enter and this would refresh the list of locations.

Moritz