[GRASS5] [bug #4118] (grass) can not use d.erase -f

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Feb 27 18:06:36 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:59:32PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > The -f flag isn't present in 6.0.0. It was added on 2005/06/21, so you
> > > will need a version which was released after that date.
> > >
> > > [BTW, neither 6.0.1 nor 6.0.2 appear to have CVS tags, so it's
> > > impossible to determine which version of a file was used for those
> > > releases.]
> >
> > Good point. I'll tag 6.0.2 now and update the release procedure.
>
> If you've done "cvs update" since the release,

No, I didn't. I have a separate directory for that.

> "cvs tag" will apply
> the tag to the updated versions, not the versions in the release. In
> that case, you can use "cvs rtag -D <date> ..." with the correct date
> (the time of the "cvs update" command corresponding to the released
> versions) instead.

The only file changed back (and forth) is include/VERSION to get the
6.0.2 number into the tag. The other files are untouched.

> BTW, I would suggest leaving the CVS directories in the tarballs, so
> that someone can use "cvs update" to get a later version. Ideally, the
> CVS/Root files should be set for anonymous (pserver) access, but it's
> easy enough to replace them using a script if you have a copy which
> was checked out using ssh.

I darkly remember that it was discouraged to leave the CVS directories
in the release tarballs (it was like that some years ago if I recall
correctly).
The snapshots however contain the CVS directories.

Markus