[GRASS-dev] v.edit

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Jun 6 06:09:33 EDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Why should a boundary NOT have category too? How would you distinguish
> two different types of boundary arround one area? Example on

At the moment because that is the way I coded, and I haven't seen a
boundary with a cat yet. I can quite easily change it, if you think I
should.

While we are talking about all this. Is there any such thing as an
open boundary (a line of type GV_BOUNDARY that has different first and
last points? As I understand it boundaries are lines that define the
shape of an area and the centroid marks the "inside" of the area. So that
way boundaries are not really part of the area, but rather marks its
extents.

--W

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>