[GRASS-dev] [bug #4564] (grass) v.in.ogr w/ large datasets

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jun 9 08:47:57 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4564

Subject: v.in.ogr w/ large datasets

Dear GRASSers,

we have problems importing a large dataset (~300.000 features) with v.in.ogr.
It eats up all mem and dies without importing.

We have tried using with -c (no clean) in order to reduce the mem consumption,
but without luck.

At least this thread seems to be realated to our problem.
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-May/023088.html

Some links to similar problems discussed on the mailinglist:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-May/022917.html

Radim wrote something about it, but did not elaborate where to start solving
this problem.

Best regards

   Stephan