[GRASS5] gis.m

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 19:52:27 EST 2006

Just checked out gis.m for the first time since ~ day 1. It is looking
really good!

One question: (annoyance really, qgis is the same)
Why draw a box for zoom out? It doesn't make sense to me. Why not a
single click to trigger zoom-out? Does it control the amount you zoom
out? (I think that would be confusing too)

Matlab's display monitor window has a nice way of doing things- if you
are in zoom-in mode then the left button draws a box, and a right
button-click unzooms. Three or four unzooms in a row and the display
resets to the default (ie 'g.region rast=') region. If you are in
zoom-out mode the mouse buttons are reversed. Also a single click
instead of a drag & box does a 50% zoom under the cursor. This means
only the left mouse button is needed, but the right mouse button isn't
"dead", it provides optional functionality.

Another question:
Vector area boundaries look a bit blurry in the GUI. Sort of like when
you set d.vect linewidth=1 instead of width=0(off). ?

Hamish