[GRASS-dev] Projection-problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 15 07:23:43 EDT 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Stephan Holl wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2006 15:55:12 +0100 (BST) Paul Kelly
> <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> OK well I can't see any problems with it so I have committed. Perhaps
>> it would be an idea to exit with an error if the spatial=
>> functionality is being used when more than one layer is being
>> imported, but certainly it should also be working better too now I
>> think as it would have also been potentially using the wrong layer
>> before.
>
> yes, good point. Is it easy to implement?

Should be. Something like
if ( spat_opt->answer ) {
     if ( nlayers > 1 )
         G_fatal_error( "..." );

BUT.. I don't know if this is how it works or not. I don't even know if
it's a problem the way it is currently, and and even if it is, perhaps
it's possible to modify the code to apply the spatial filter to all layers
rather than just exiting. I'm just pointing out that it probably needs to
be checked at some stage. Not planning to change anything now.

> One short question regarding the projection-check-overriding (-o): Does
> this prevent GRASS using any projection-related stuff?

Not sure what you mean here---as long as the projection for the location
the map is being imported into is set up correctly then all should be
fine.

Paul