[bug #3117] [GRASS-dev] povray and grass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 15 22:59:59 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3117
>
> I think I've fixed it in CVS. G_percent() was being called for each cell
> instead of for each row of data, so the "percent done" bar was being
> updated faster than the GUI could handle.

In the worst case, this should just cause the module to run slowly.
Anything else indicates a bug in the GUI code which processes the
module's output.

> Also did some other cleanup of
> the code; spotted but didn't fix these errors:
>
> fmt[20] unused and wrong. ( sprintf("%d",double) )
> [I didn't remove it as I have absolutely no idea what this code is
> trying to do.]

Going back through the CVS history, fmt has never been used. My guess
is that r.out.pov was derived from a similar program which used a
textual output format. All of r.out.pov's output is binary.

> "bias" input parameter is unused and "hfBias" is used uninitialized.

hfBias is implicitly initialised to zero. Only automatic variables
(local variables which aren't explicitly declared "static") need an
explicit initialiser.

> [intended to be the same thing?

Probably; bias itself is unused.