[GRASS-dev] impressions on wx GUI

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:35:54 EDT 2007

I just installed the prototype of wx GUI. It's looking good! nice work!

- some impressions:

I guess the display is working nice, it's fast. although most people
coming from other GIS wants a display where you don't have to ask it
to draw the maps. If you de-select one map, it would automatically
draw the underlying layer (like QGIS).

Multiple selection of layers in GIS Manager. If you want to delete
several layers, it is a pain to do it one by one.

Also some right-click would be nice. it could open a menu with options
like delete, info, colors...

IMO a slider for transparency is easier to play with. maybe we could
have both the slider and the numerical value, maybe in one of the
right-click options.

Enable the overlay option for rasters as a default.

Maybe make the font size in the dialogs smaller? I get the feeling
that it is too big, with too much space between the components.

If I am in the "output" tab of GI manager, and add a new
raster/vector, I should be sent back to the "layers" tab.

that's it for now.

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke