[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 7 10:23:27 EST 2007

Paul,

There are some aesthetic issues with aqua TclTk. It creates larger widgets
with extra space around them, for example. There are also a few
functionality issues, but not serious ones anymore (at least I don't think
so). Because most GRASS users are working in Linux, I try to use the x11
version for development to make sure it 'looks good' in that platform. I
should probably try the aqua version again to see how it is doing now.

William's compilations of nviz always seem to work currently and mine always
seem to fail.

I think that the nviz part of the compilation does respect the
--with-opengl=x11 or --with-opengl=aqua flag, but does not seem to respect
the --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/local/tcltk/include and
--with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/tcltk/lib flags. It just goes to the system
default. I don't know enough about tweaking compilation parameters to know
how to fix this (In fact I don't hardly anything about tweaking compilation
parameters).

Michael