[GRASS-dev] [bug #2793] (grass) v.segment: side offset is ignored

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu May 3 08:15:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 09:53:27PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> can anyone compose a nicer example for the v.segment help page?
> (v.to.points -n or -v to get points?)
>
> or is <side offset> for a threshold? (I'm not really sure how v.segment
> is supposed to work)

I think that you can

- generate parallel segments using <side offset> (create left and
  right lanes of a highway which you have as single line only)

   ----------------------------- back
   . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <- your original highway line

- generate points along the line with <side offset>, such as

  (trees along an alley?)

Our power users may invent some nice example for Spearfish :)

Markus