[GRASS-dev] Re: not quite there on fonts

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 15 02:47:11 EDT 2007

I believe you.

But it is interesting that I can try all kinds of window geometry with the
display in wxgrass and the worst I get is that 1) the x-axis numbers don't
display (very skinny histogram) or 2) the font size of the y-axis numbers
and 1st x-axis number is larger than the size of the rest of the x-axis
numbers.

This is with output from the PNG driver.

Michael

On 5/14/07 10:51 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hamish:
>>> ok, so bug #1977 still matters. (axes tags somewhat broken for FP
>>> maps)
>>>   http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1977
>
> Michael:
>> At least on my system this bug doesn't exist. Here is a screenshot of
>> the new wxgrass histogram window for elevation.10m from Spearfish.
>> Maybe it was fixed?
>
> it only happens for some FP maps, for some window sizes.
>
> try: (spearfish)
>  d.mon x0
>  d.histogram slope
>

> then adjust the window size by grabbing the side of the frame.
> rinse & repeat.
>
> If I try that elevation.10m with a narrower window width the x units
> disappear altogether.
>
> from the bug report:
> default for FP maps is to reduce to 255 cats as in r.stats, but the
> calculation for tick spacing is using the FP range: conflict of units.
>

> Hamish

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213